The Top 10 Bride Must-Haves
1. Comfortable shoes: One of the most essential bride must-haves is comfortable shoes. Imagine having to dance and walk around in those four-inch heels for a few hours. Sounds painful, doesn’t it? Not buying comfortable shoes is the reason that many brides switch to flip-flops during the reception. Though a quick wardrobe change is one option, consider testing out the shoes you buy well in advance. One of the more routine wedding tips that experts suggest is to walk around your home to break the shoes in and ensure you don’t get any annoying blisters in the process. After all, squinting and wincing in your pictures will not be pretty. And if you’re insistent on those pretty, but painful four-inch heels, bring along another pair of more comfortable shoes for the after party – some simple flats will do the trick!
2.Breathable gown: Much like your shoes, one of the best bride must-haves is a wedding dress that moves with you. A constricting dress will make you cringe as much as those shoes do, and tugging and jerking the fabric will damage it, not to mention alert everyone to the fact that you’re extremely uncomfortable. Try your dress on beforehand. When trying it on at the shop, if it feels too tight, then your wedding day will be no different. Move around and get a feel for the dress to ensure that you are at ease on your big day.
3. Waterproof mascara: Oh, there will be lots of tears shed – by you, your mother, your close friends, and family. But, you’ll be heartbroken when you see your mascara making bee lines all over your face. One of my favorite wedding tips is to wear waterproof mascara to combat the ‘raccoon look.’ Wearing waterproof mascara on your wedding day will keep your makeup looking fresh, and you’ll rest assured that you have no smudges to worry about.
4. Long-lasting lipstick: From eating to kissing, your lipstick has many opportunities to fade or smear away. Before deciding on one brand or color, try it out for awhile. Wear it while doing all the things you normally do to see if it has the possibility of fading, smudging, or smearing. And make sure you pack the tube of lipstick in your ‘bride must-haves’ bag!
5. Durable antiperspirant: Whether your dress is sleeveless or not, antiperspirant that stands the test of time is an absolute necessity. You want to stay clean, fresh, and sweet-smelling throughout the ceremony and reception, and one of the many wedding tips that experts suggest is to use long-lasting antiperspirant. The only way to guarantee this, of course, is with durable and/or prescription strength deodorant/antiperspirant. This extra layer of protection will give you more confidence in whatever you’re doing.
6. Small compact mirror: Throughout the ceremony and reception, you’ll be relieved that you had your little compact mirror on hand. Tucked away in a small cocktail purse with your other bride must-haves, it’s just a little bit of added confidence. You can quickly check for makeup smudges and reapply as needed or see if any food particles have become lodged in visible places.
7. Aspirin or Ibuprofen: Headaches happen. And so do aching limbs – usually at the most inopportune times. And as far as valuable wedding tips go, be prepared by adding a little tube of aspirin or ibuprofen to your ‘bride must-haves’ cocktail purse. Even if you don’t need it, someone else just might.
8. Stain removal pen: You can find these handy, little pens everywhere. Plus, they’re small enough to be tucked into your cocktail purse filled with your other ‘bride must-haves.’ Just make sure to spot test the pen on a discreet part of your dress before applying it anywhere during the actual event. Some contain bleach, which may harm the fabric. For quick removal of a tiny, but noticeable stain, however, these pens are a god-send.
9. Hairbrush/comb: Tame those frizzies and stay beautiful throughout the day. Another of my favorite wedding tips is to purchase a fold-up brush, which is ideal for a small purse with precious space. A quick dab of lipstick and one or two brushes through your hair will have you ready to meet and greet with guests.
10. Emery board: There is nothing more annoying than a jagged nail. Keep your freshly manicured fingers looking lovely by taking a quick swipe of the emery board (or nail file) across it should one break or chip.
More Than Just Wedding Tips – Valuable Advice
These ten bride must-haves and wedding tips will ensure that you are prepared for your big day. Weather the day effortlessly by testing out your wardrobe, makeup, and hair in advance as well as by packing a little cocktail purse with some of the essential bride must-haves listed above, like that tube of lipstick, compact mirror, aspirin, stain removal pen, comb, and emery board. Even if you don’t need them, you’ll be glad you had them. Think of these bride must-haves and wedding tips as a little helpful layer of extra protection.